Raised Foil Postcards
Raised foil postcards add a flash of brilliance to any business. The metallic embossments are available in gold, silver, and holographic foil — enhancing amazing detail in logos and graphics.
Raised foil postcards are printed on 16pt card stock and laminated on both sides with 1.5mil scuff-resistant, soft-velvet laminate, which gives them a substantial thickness of 19pt.
Raised Foil Postcard Uses
- Real Estate
- How do I set up raised foil postcards?
- Raised foil jobs require a mask file. When creating a raised foil job, you must include a raised foil mask file along with the regular print file. The raised foil mask file is used to show where the foil needs to be applied. Please note, the mask file must be a vector file created in vector-based programs such as Illustrator.
- Please only use solid 100% black color (C 0%, M 0%, Y 0%, K 100%) to indicate where you would like the foil. Do not use shadows, glows, or grayscale images. White will indicate no foil.
- Knockouts are not recommended since there may be a shift (up to 1/16”) when the foil is applied.
- Can I have any printing under the foil mask?
We highly recommend having a solid color behind the foil mask. We do not recommend having any artwork or text under the foil mask since it might be visible through the foil mask. Knockouts are not recommended since there may be a shift (up to 1/16”) when the foil is applied.
- How can I ensure the best result on raised foil postcards?Foil coverage should be no more than 30% of the artwork, otherwise the foil will be wavy and won’t look good. The only time a 50% coverage is acceptable is with patterns, thin strokes, or small shapes. Ideally, the size of the area, shape, or image covered with raised foil should not exceed 1” x 1”.
- What's the difference between Foil Worx and raised foil cards?
Foil Worx has a flat finish foil whereas raised foil has a raised foil finish, such that if you run your fingers over the card you will feel the foil. The height of the foil is approximately 60 microns.
- What's the smallest font size I can use in my raised foil artwork?
We do not recommend having fonts smaller than 10pt on the raised foil artwork; however, if you use fonts with thicker strokes or bold fonts, we do not recommend having fonts smaller than 12pt.
- 4" x 6"
- 5" x 7"
- 16PT C2S
- 5/4 (4/4 with Foil on Front)
- 5/0 (4/0 with Foil on Front)
- 5/5 (4/4 with Foil on Both Sides)
- No Coating
- Silver Foil
- Gold Foil
Raised Foil Side
- Raised Foil Front
- Raised Foil on Both Sides
- PDF Proofs (per set)
- Sample of Completed job (per set)
- 2-4 Business Days
- 5-7 Business Days