Silk Announcement Cards
Soft to the touch with a matte appearance, 16pt silk announcement cards enhance any communication by bringing a level of elegant sophistication. Add spot UV or Foil Worx to silk announcement cards for an added flair.
Silk cards are printed in full color and are laminated on both sides, giving them a supple durability, while further making them water and tear-resistant.
Silk Announcement Card Uses
- Wedding Planner
- Luxury Brands
- Real Estate
- Can silk announcement cards be written on?Yes, silk announcement cards can easily be written on with a ballpoint pen or a Sharpie. We do not recommend gel-type pens.
- Are envelopes available for silk announcement cards?Yes, we offer a combination of standard envelopes (A2, A6, A7, A9, and 6.5" square), however, they do not have a silk coating.
- Are silk announcement cards waterproof?
Silk announcement cards are water resistant, but not waterproof. This means the cards stand up well when they come in contact with a small amount of water, but cannot be submerged in water without water seeping into the card and causing damage. Please test your specific application to ensure the cards are appropriate for that use.
- Can you mail silk announcement cards with round corners?
Silk announcement cards can be mailed with 1/8" (0.125") radius corners only, but 4over mailing services are not available for these products. Cards with 1/4" (0.25") radius corners can be mailed in an envelope. See USPS regulations, here.
- How do I set up a Foil Worx job?
- You must provide a separate foil mask file: black in the areas you want the foil and white in the areas you do not want the foil.
- We can only use one type of foil per order so for example you cannot order a Foil Worx job with gold foil on the front and silver foil on the back. All black areas should be solid 100% K with no other added colors. If you order a Foil Worx job with spot UV, you'll need to provide separate mask files for the foil (foil mask) and UV (spot UV mask), in which case you may be required to provide up to 6 files.
- Please keep in mind that the foil and UV coating can't overlap, both should be at least 1/16" apart to avoid the foil peeling off.
- Avoid using small/fine text or lines for foil objects. For best results, please make sure that foil coverage is less than 50% of the entire print side.
- Be aware that there may be up to a 1/16" shift in the placement of the foil. Keep this in mind if you are trying to align foil with other printed artwork on the card.
- For better quality, we recommend creating mask files in vector-based programs such as Illustrator or CorelDRAW.
- 4.25" x 5.5"
- 4.25" x 6"
- 5" x 7"
- 5.5" x 8.5"
- 6" x 6"
- Rounded 4 Corners
Radius of Corners
- Rounded 1/8"
- Rounded 1/4"
- 16PT C2S
- 4/0 (4 color front)
- 4/4 (4 color both sides)
- No Coating
- Moon Slits
- Slide Slits
- No Gift Card Slits
- Include Envelopes - A6
- No Blank Envelopes
- Include Envelopes - A7
- Include Envelopes - 6.5X6.5
- Include Envelopes - A2
- Include Envelopes - A9
- PDF Proofs (per set)
- Sample of Completed job (per set)