Standard Clings: Clear
With their easy application and high visibility, window clings are ideal for POP signage on glass or other smooth, clean surfaces, and are intended for both indoor and outdoor use.
Clear window clings are printed at near photo quality on glossy 8mil vinyl with a paper backer that will be peeled off prior to application — material clings front side of print only.
Standard Clings: Clear Uses
- POP Signage
- What material are clear window clings made of?Clear window clings are made of 8mil thick, clear, glossy material with a paper backer that will be peeled off prior to application. They are suitable for indoor or outdoor use. Ideal for POP signage on glass or other very smooth, clean surfaces. Note: excessive heat or cold will not allow the product to cling to the surface.
- How do I set up and create a clear window cling with white ink?
- With clear window clings, you have the option to use white ink as an overprint so your printed graphic can be opaque in some areas and transparent in others. This will allow for vibrant, crisp color. Make sure to create your mask file the same size as your color art file. This will prevent alignment issues during printing. Note: white masks must be made in vector format and be saved as EPS or PDF and use 100% K.
- Use vector paths/shapes to create black color areas that will indicate where the white ink base will go. The rest of the area will represent the clear window cling stock.
- Black in the white mask file indicates where white ink will be printed. Remember the following when creating a white mask for your white ink base:
- White ink base will be printed behind any color that’s in your artwork layer.
- Areas with color but without a white mask will be printed with color directly on the material. These areas will have somewhat transparent color due to the clear substrate.
- Areas with color and a white mask will be printed as opaque or solid color.
- Areas with a white mask and no color will be printed as white.
- The black for the white mask file must be 0% C 0% M 0% Y 100% K or it will not be recognized by preflight.
- For further info please visit our Roll Labels FAQ page question #8.
- If your clear window cling is intended to be viewed from the outside of a window, please select Mounted From Inside when building the product. Also, the artwork should be reversed prior to submission.
- How will my clear window cling order be shipped?The product is shipped rolled for most sizes except for larger quantities.
- Can clear window clings be used for indoor applications?Clear window clings are intended to be viewed from the outside of a window, the artwork should be reversed (mirrored) prior to submission, for example HELLO should read OLLEH.Note: The customer will design their work as they would any other order and then in PhotoShop use the transform option to flip it or in Illustrator use the reflect option in transform to mirror it. You can advise customers to find tutorials online for mirroring.
- What run sizes are available for clear window cling orders?Run sizes are available in 1 to 150.
- Width from 6" to 58"
- Height from 6" to 120"
- 8mil Clear
- 4/0 with White Mask
- 4/0 (4 color front)
White Mask Front
- Yes White Ink Front Only
- Mounted From Inside (Requires Mirror Image)
- Mounted From Outside (Standard Image)
- Next Business Day
- 4 Business Days
- 7 Business Days