Variable Addressing Envelopes
Our diverse selection of variable addressing envelopes will suit virtually all of your customers' business needs. Envelopes are available in full color and multiple stocks with the option to include self-adhesive security tint options on select stocks. They are also available with variable addressing, which is a convenient way to personalize each envelope and make mailing a breeze.
Variable addressing envelopes are printed in full color with the variable data portion printed in black ink only. Upload your customers' artwork files containing full-color versions of their logos and images to be printed alongside the data.
Variable Addressing Envelope Uses
- Real Estate
- Law Professionals
- Travel Agent
- What is the difference between digital envelopes and offset envelopes?
- Digital envelopes are pre-converted and printed on high-tech digital equipment. Offset envelopes are printed on offset gang runs, then die cut and converted to envelopes.
- Both are printed on 70lb premium opaque stock
- How do I set up an offset envelope?
- 1/16” overbleed and color wrap onto the back of the envelope is required to allow for movement throughout the bindery process. Artwork with bleed on face or print on any flaps must be placed on 4over certified envelope templates.
- Solid, full-color envelopes are recommended (to eliminate overbleed)
- Intentional extension of flap color onto envelope face is recommended
- Gradients are recommended for smoother color transitions
- How do I set up a digital envelope?
- The bleed required is 0.125" (0.0625" on each side).
- Text and images should be at least 0.25" from the edge
- Artwork with more than 40% ink coverage must be submitted as an offset product
- Full-color backgrounds should be avoided
- Use a white background with low ink coverage (e.g. logo and text only)
- Avoid or limit use of transparencies and gradients
- For window envelopes, the window area must be free of ink
- For digital envelopes:
- 4/0 = full-color front
- 4/4 = full-color front and full color on back flaps
- 0/4 = full color on back flaps
- How do I set up a digital envelope with a window?
- Follow 4over certified templates for correct window placement.
- Do not place artwork or color in the window area. Keep images at least 1/8" inch away from the edge of the window. Digital envelopes are pre-converted and have a plastic window adhered to the window area prior to printing. The window area must be blank.
- What type of security features do digital and blank envelopes have?Security tint envelopes include a blue crisscross pattern on the inside of the envelope that distorts the message on the document enclosed within, which prevents the contents from being read or deciphered. For your convenience, envelopes also come with a self-adhesive strip.
- Will I be able to see a sample or proof of the addresses on my artwork before my order is printed?Yes. We will send a PDF proof to the email address on your account. The PDF proof will show an example of one address on your artwork. Reply to the email with your approval by mentioning “Okay to Print as Is” or request an FTP code to upload revised files. Revised files will be processed and a new proof will be sent for your approval.
- Where are the variable addresses positioned on the envelope?
- Will 4over modify my CSV data file to correct any errors or typos?No. 4over does not proofread, flag, or correct errors. It is your responsibility to double-check and ensure the validity of your data. Invalid addresses, typos, misspellings, inaccurate zip codes, etc. are not the responsibility of 4over.
- What if my CSV data file has fewer records than the run size I ordered? If I order a run size of 500, but my data file has only 450 addresses, will I get the additional 50 envelopes printed with my artwork?4over will print the artwork you provided for the full run size ordered. Variable addresses will be printed for each record in your CSV data file. The entire job, with addressed and non-addressed envelopes, will be carton packed and delivered via the chosen delivery method (UPS shipping, free local delivery, or pickup).
- 3.875" x 8.875"
- 4.125" x 9.5"
- 4.375" x 5.75"
- 4.75" x 6.5"
- 5.25" x 7.25"
- 70LB Natural
- 70LB Premium Opaque
- 4/4 (4 color both sides)
- 4/0 (4 color front)
- No Coating
- Variable Addressing
- PDF Proofs (per set)
- Sample of Completed job (per set)
- 2-4 Business Days
- 5-7 Business Days